I found this recipe on Life, Love & Sugar and cannot say enough wonderful things about it. The recipe is easy enough to do last minute, or with the kids on a cold weekend in between decorating the tree and hanging lights. They are soft & chewy with just the right amount of crisp along the edges.
We used Ronnybrook Farms Eggnog as nothing beats authentic and organic. But feel free to substitute with your favorite eggnog and enjoy a special Christmas treat!
Makes about 40 cookies.
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup eggnog
5 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes, until light and fluffy.
2. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and spices together then set aside.
3. Add the eggnog and eggs and beat until well combined.
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
5. Make balls about 2 tbsp in size, roll in granulated sugar & sprinkle with cinnamon then place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
7. Allow cookies for to cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet, then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Eat one yourself before serving (at least that's what I do at August & Scout!)